Have you been thinking about giving the floors in your Kansas home a makeover? Although concrete has long been thought of as a useful building material, not many people think of it in terms of stylish home flooring. If chic and sleek is your thing, concrete floors in a home is definitely worth considering. Concrete comes in several shades and textures, plus they have additional benefits along with a modern look.Modern Bedroom by New Orleans Interior Designers & Decorators Kenneth Brown Design
On top of its modern look, concrete is highly durable and sustainable, and it’s more affordable than other types of flooring. The following are concrete flooring ideas that may inspire you:
- Portland mix concrete – With a mix of blue and gray chemical-free Portland aggregate, you can achieve a clean and simple look.
- Integral color concrete – Pea gravel and gray coloring create an interesting texture and appearance that resembles a regular slab of concrete that’s polished and smooth.
- Stained concrete – You can choose a concrete stain that complements the color scheme in your home’s decor. Note that there will be color variations with staining, but that’s what many people like about it.
- Fly ash concrete – For a silky-textured floor use an aggregate of LaFarge North American mix and 25 percent fly ash, a by-product of coal combustion.
- Custom concrete – Your floor can have with a warm, cozy feeling with a brown color. It will inevitably develop cracks and color changes that gives it it’s own unique appearance.
For more information on using and installing concrete floors in a home, please contact us at Interiors By Melody.