Bedroom decor should make the room you sleep in enticing to come home to every night and wake up in every morning. So, what are some of the elements of a comfortable bedroom? Here are a few essentials that design professionals implement to create the perfect private escape:Transitional Bedroom by Toronto Interior Designers & Decorators Shirley Meisels
- A quality mattress may seem obvious, but many people pay more attention to wall colors than the bed itself. Of course, the perfect decor isn’t going to guarantee the comfort of a good night’s sleep. Make sure your mattress has the comfort and support you need.
- A plush, comfortable rug is a far more welcoming “good morning” to your toes than the most beautiful floors. Whether you have hardwood, concrete or tile, make sure your feet land have a soft, warm place to land when you wake up.
- Photographs in general create a pleasant, inviting atmosphere, but photos of family are likely to keep your mind going when you’re trying to unwind. Surround your room with photographs that help you feel happy and relaxed.
- The bed should not be the only place you have to sit in the bedroom. Comfortable seating gives you a place to relax, read and talk when its not time to sleep.
- Create a collection of things you love, whether keepsakes from your travels, family heirlooms or other pieces that make you smile. Arrange them in such a way that allows you to see them when you wake up.
- Give yourself a technology-free zone. A true escape means getting away from the outside world, including text messages, emails and television. These things do more to keep you awake than encourage relaxation.
Learn more about interior design in Kansas, including the important elements of a comfortable bedroom, by contacting Interiors by Melody.