No successful relationship just happens. This is especially true when you’re working with a professional interior designer. Look for a partnership with these five qualities and you’ll be well on your way to a great client-designer experience.
- Trust – Trust can be hard to come by, especially when your designer has a suggestion which makes your stomach flip. However, sometimes the right wall color or sofa can be the one you least expected. While trust in your designer’s taste might not just happen overnight, you’ll want to work with someone who you can trust enough to surprise you.
- Flexibility – Any item can be discontinued. From area rugs and wallpapers to tables and chairs, the specific item you have your heart set on just might not be possible to get. When this happens, both you and your designer need to be flexible as your designer helps you find similar items that look just as fabulous.
- Diplomacy – Disagreements can happen. Yet, disagreeing without a plan B can cause projects to stall. Even if you feel the need to colorfully express your distaste for your designer’s recommendation, be prepared to talk through what isn’t working for you and listen to alternative suggestions with an open mind. And keep in mind, you’re paying for a professional’s opinion and experience.
- Collaboration – Don’t be afraid to share your ideas. When you’re working with a professional interior designer, collaborating allows you to take calculated risks that will work well with the overall design.
- Creativity – When it comes to home designs, there’s never just one option. By giving your designer a little room to make creative suggestions, they can often find solutions to your wants and needs you didn’t even know existed.
Do you have additional questions about working with a professional interior designer? Contact Interiors by Melody.